Things to Do at Khajjiar
The mesmerizing sites of Khajjiar influence many people from the world to visit it. The natural beauty and scenic scenery of this place has left an everlasting impression on the minds of people who have visited Khajjiar. These tourist attractions include:
- Khajjiar Lake and Ground: it is one of the most beautiful and attractive place in the Khajjiar that is surrounded by lavish green meadows and floating island. The bank of the river is covered by the lush green land that gives the scenic view to the visitors.
- Kailash View: it is believed that Mount Kailash is the home to Lord Shiva that is why it is the central focus of the Hindus while they are visiting Khajjiar. They remain covered with the mist in the foggy day but appearon the clear day.
- Khajji Nag Temple: it is considered as one of the holiest places that are present in Himachal Pradesh. This temple was built in the remembrance of Khajji Nag, the Lord of Serpents.
- Golden Devi Temple: beautifying the scene of Khajjiar Lake, Golden Devi Temple is present in the edge of this river that is one of the major attractions of the tourists. The temple is made up of captivation and exquisite architecture that adds to the beauty of Khajjiar.
- Dauladhar Mountains: adding to the panoramic views of Khajjiar, Dauladhar Mountains are the combination of dense deodars, pines and lush green meadows for which Khajjiar is known for.
Best Time to Visit Khajjiar
You can visit this place at any time in the year but that depends on your choice. Some people love to visit Khajjiar when all its attractions are covered with the blanket of snow and some want to visit it when the streets of Khajjiar gives the scene of some fish market crowded with people. But the best time to visit Khajjiar is between March and June as summer is favorite season of everyone and you can have the access to every road and market of Khajjiar during this time.