Qatar is located in Western Asia and it shares its border with Saudi Arabia. The main religion of the country is Islam and the present population of Qatar is about 2.6 Million. The population of Qatar is mainly made up of expatriates. The country has large natural gas reserves which basically contributes towards the high income in the economy. Qatar has several points of interests and there are many domestic as well as international carriers that fly to Qatar. Some of the attractions in Qatar are Souf Waqif market, The Pearl, Al Wajbah Port and Aspire Tower. The city is beautiful and it also has several heritage sites.
As per the information available, Qatar issues visa on arrival to the citizen of 33 countries. Some of the countries in the list are Australia, Britain, Italy, Japan, Singapore, and the USA. Unfortunately, India is not in the list and all Indians needs to get a visa prior to visiting the country. In this article, we have compiled all the information regarding the application process for Qatar Visa. Below is the list of documents required during the application procedure and the information is followed by the details about the fee for visa and the exact procedure.
Documents Required for the application
Documents required for the application procedure are mentioned below
- A valid passport with at least 6 months of time from the date of expiry of the passport
- 2 photographs with white background
- Cover letter from the company along with visa application forms.
- Return ticket and hotel voucher
Fee for Visa Application
Fee for the application of Qatar Visa is Rs 9500 per person. The same needs to be paid to obtain a visa for Qatar
Time required to get the Visa
It takes about 8 worked days to get the visa for Qatar and hence the care should be taken to apply for the Visa at least about 2 weeks prior to the date of travel
Steps to Apply for Qatar Visa from India
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Visa for Qatar
- The first thing that you need to do before applying for visa for Qatar is that you need to have an invitation letter from the person who is inviting you to Doha but it is not compulsory to have an invitation letter and if you are visiting Qatar for tourism, you can write the same in a letter with clear description of your itinerary.
- The next step is to download the Visa Application form. The same can be downloaded by clicking here. Once the page loads, you can click on Entry Visa Application form to download the form.
- The next step is to fill the form and attach the copies of the passport to the form. Once the application form is complete, you can send the form to Embassy of the State of Qatar. It is also important to attach the fee with the form and the fee can be paid by cheque or by money order.
- All the documents should be attached with the application and you would require attaching passport copies, 3 month bank statement and the residential permit of the person along with the invitation letter or the self-declaration. You are also required to send your passport to the embassy.
- This will then be followed by the verification and on successful verification, the passport will be stamped with the visa stamp and the same will be returned to you. It takes about 7 to 8 days for the passport to reach you with the courier.