India provides reservation to a specific category of the people in India. The reservation is provided in thefield of education, government job, and many other sectors. As per the law, the government has fixed a percentage of opportunity that should be to the Other Backward Classes. The main reason of this is the fact that the OBC were suppressed in past and they didn’t get a chance to grow. The benefits range from financial benefits to reservation and special seats in theinstitute. In this article, you can find all the details about the OBC Caste Certificate
What is OBC Caste Certificate?
OBC caste certificate is a certificate issued by the government. The certificate certifies that the person belongs to OBC and this enables the person to avail the benefits offered by the government. For example, if a student is willing to appear for a competitive exam, he can avail the benefits of paying a lower fee with help of OBC Caste certificate. The certificate would also help him fetching a seat in education institute.
What is the eligibility criteria to obtain the OBC Caste Certificate?
The eligibility criteria for obtaining the OBC Caste Certificate are
The applicant should be a citizen of India and the applicant should have documents supporting his claim of falling under OBC Category.
Various documents like ID Proof, Caste Proof, Date of Birth Proof, Address Proof etc are also required for the process.
The person should fall under the specific category as per the law.
Steps to Apply for OBC Caste Certificate through Online Medium
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the caste certificate through online medium –
1. The first step is to navigate to the district service website. You can navigate to the website by clicking here.
2. Once the website is displayed, you would require registering as a user. Click on register me and then add the details of the Aadhaar card. A form will be displayed and you would now require filling the form.
3. Once you have filled the form, enter your mobile number and click on submit button.
4. An access code will be generated. Enter the access code in designated area and click on submit button. After clicking the submit button, you will receive the login ID and the password.
5. Using the details that you received on your phone, login to the portal. Now navigate to Apply Online Tab in the navigation bar and click on apply for services. This will display a list of services that you can apply for,
6. Click on Apply button in front of Issuance of Caste (OBC) Certificate. Once the form has been loaded, will the complete form.
7. After filling the form with correct details, click on submit button and you will now be prompted for the documents. Upload all the documents on the page and click on the submit button.
8. After the submission, you will receive an application number and the prescribed time for issuance of the certificate is 14 working days.