There are people who are less privileged and these people are born with a certain disability. The disability can be physical, optical or even mental. In such a case, it is difficult for the person to work and get equal opportunity. For the welfare of handicapped people, the government of India has a special provision in the constitution which enables them to receive a reservation in the job as well as in educational institute. There are two types of disability, permanent and temporary and hence the card is valid for only 5 years. The person needs a handicap certificate in order to get the disability card. The handicap certificate can be obtained from a doctor by going through a detailed medical check-up.
What is Handicap Certificate?
Handicap Certificate is issued to the people with permanent or temporary disability. The certificate helps them in receiving the benefits that are offered to the handicap people by the government. Some of the benefits offered are a scholarship in education, reservation in education, assistance for prosthetic aid, free travel in state bus.
What is the eligibility criteria to obtain the Handicapped Certificate?
The eligibility criteria for obtaining the Handicapped Certificate are
The applicant should be an Indian Citizen
The applicant should have the medical reports with the information of the disability.
The minimum percentage of disability that a person should have is 40%.
Steps to Apply for Handicapped Certificate through Online Medium
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Handicapped certificate through online medium –
1.You would first have to go to the district website of Delhi Government. You can navigate to the website directly by clicking here.
2. If you are not a registered user, click on register me and then enter the details of the Aadhaar card. If you don’t have the Aadhaar Card, you can also use your Voter ID Card. Now a form will be displayed.Fill the form displayed and submit the form.
3. An access code will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the access code and click on submit button. You will now receive the login ID and the password for using the portal.
4. Access the portal using the ID and the Password that you received on your mobile. Now Click on Apply Online in the navigation bar and then click on apply for services. A list of services that you can apply for will be displayed,
5.Click on Apply button in front of Issuance of Permanent Identity Card to the Disabled Person. This would be at serial number 12. Once the form has been loaded, verify the details on the first page and click on Continue button.
6. On the next page, enter the details about the disability and click on continue button.
7. Now, upload all the documents on the page and click on the submit button after uploading all the document.
8. You will receive an application number for the application submitted and the card will be issued in 14 working days.