“Rishte me to hum tumhare baap lagte hai ,naam hai shahenshah”, a Shahensha indeed of a majestic and strong form was brought to life in 1988 with this dialogue. Amitabh
Upcoming movies and project
He is currently riding on the success of his recent movie ‘Pink’, where he portrays the role of a retired lawyer suffering from bipolar disorder experiencing persistent mood swings and has an ailing wife. He observes the trouble of three young working professional ladies and represents the girls at the court as their defense counsel after consulting with his wife. The movie has made close to 105 cr. at the box office. The accomplishment through this critically acclaimed movie has definitely led ways to more exciting projects and bigger hits for the near future.
Hera Pheri 3
After a long delay, and replacement of director Neeraj Vora by Ahmed Khan the movie is slated to release in the year 2017 and the casting will have stars like Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Paresh Rawal, Suniel Shetty, Abhishek Bachchan as well.
Ram Gopal Verma’s time machine to feature the bachchan family in its full fledge. The Sci-fi based story will showcase Aishwarya Bachchan as well.The movie is currently in progress and being shot at Hyderabad and will be released in 2017.
Thugs of Hindostan
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced under the banner of Yash Raj Films this movie will see for the first time culmination of Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan and Big B on screen. The movie might take a page from the famous Hollywood flick Pirates of Caribbean. With such diverse roles being played by both the characters, it is eagerly awaited and will hit the screens during the Diwali of 2018Apart from these officially broadcasted movies, Amitabh Bachchan has come together with Shoojit Sircar for his next to recreate the spark of Piku, in a Delhi-based movie.The film started rolling in February 2016 itself.The film will be produced by Shoojit’s production house-Rising Sun Films
Facts of Amitabh Bachchan:
- His father before naming him , Amitabh which means ‘brilliance unlimited” wanted to name him Inquilab meaning ‘revolution’
- He wanted to pursue engineering and was inclined towards joining the Indian Air Force
- Currently famous for his baritone, the actor was earlier rejected by All India Radio
- Technically ,his surname is ‘Shrivastava’, but his father had adopted the pen-name Bachchan. So, the family adopted his surname
- His first salary was 300 rupees, and he struggled with 12 flops before his first hit in the form of Zanjeer
- He is ambidextrous hence, can write with both hands equally well
- He was the first Asian actor to have a wax model at Madame Tussad’s in London
- Voted as the ‘Star of the millennium’ by BBC above actors like Laurence Oliver, Charlie Chaplin etc.
- He has played the character with name ‘Vijay’ in over 20 movies