Multi-talented actors are very rare in Bollywood. But some of them have that extra-ordinary talent to become one of the greatest of all time. Bollywood has one such man and also the living legend and he is none other “AAMIR KHAN” born as Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan on march 14 1965 in Mumbai to Film Producer Tahir Hussain and Zeneet Hussain. He is an actor, director, and producer. By his films, he becomes one of the most important and influential people in the film industry. He is the four-time national award winner, seven film fare award winner and also the recipient of the Padma Shri in 2003 and Padma Bhusan in 2010.
His first screen appearance is in the film Yaadon Ki Baarat was directed by his uncle Nasir Hussain as a child artist. He is the producer and an actor of Lagaan, was nominated an Academy Award for the best foreign film category and earned him a National Award for Best popular film and two more Film fare awards. He made his directorial debut through the highly successful movie Taare Zameen par, which earn him two Film fare award for his Direction and Best Film Category. His Movie PK is the all-time highest grossing movie in India, which was released in 2014 directed by Raj kumar Hiranni. His four movies Ghajini, 3 idiots, Dhoom 3 and Pk are all in highest grossing movie of all-time list. He is one of the most bankable actor in India.
Aamir made his television debut with his talk show, Satyamev Jayate. The show deals with social issues in India. It started in May 2012. Aamir was paid 30 million rupees per episode making him the highest paid host in the Indian Television Industry. Its second season was live simultaneously in Star plus, Star World and national television Doordharsan on Sunday , 11 am slot in eight languages, being the first to do in India.
It’s the season of biopic films, here is another one that too from Aamir Khan. This film is a biopic on a wrestler, coach father Mahavir Phogat who trained his two daughters Geeta Phogat and Babitha Kumari to win common wealth games 2010. Aamir khan was acted as Mahavir Phogat in this film. The Film is set to release on December 23 2106.
Thugs Of Hindustan:
Once again Aamir khan joins hands with Dhoom 3 director Vijay Krishna Acharya for a same kind of film. This film is based on two con artists played by Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachan. Jackie Shroff plays an important role in this film. It is the first time when Aamir Khan to share screen with Amitabh Bachan.
Lesser Known Facts
You may never tire of reading about him, still there is room for more to read about him. Here is some lesser-known facts about him.
- He was very interested in tennis during his school days. He also represents his school in some sate level championship. Roger Federer is his favorite player.
- Aamir along with his friend Adithya Bhattacharya, made a silent experimental film called Paranoia. It was produced by Dr. SriramLagu
- Khan once worked in theatre group called Avanter in backstage for two years and then became the an actor against his father’s wish
- Holi was his debut movie. In the credits, he was addressed as Aamir Hussain Khan.
- Aamir suffers from sleeping disorders and he doesn’t like bathing, according to his wife.
- Aamir met Reena way before the release of Holi in 1984. They got married in 1986 on the same day Miandad hits a six of last ball against India.